The Støtek dosing furnace is one of several products that differentiate us - making STØTEK the preferred supplier to aluminum foundries worldwide.
Traditional dosing furnaces have been pressure pour furnaces, but in 1999, STØTEK developed Dosotherm - a new generation of aluminum furnaces. The Dosotherm dosing pump is a much smaller pressure vessel. It is filled with vacuum to ensure that the starting level is always constant - allowing an accurate dose of the metal dispensed.
Thanks to this unique technique, you also obtain remarkably low energy consumption, as well as high metal quality.
Dosotherm is often used for high-pressure die-casting, for gravity, sand, and mold casting. It allows you to change the dosing flow while the system is running.
The holding chamber of our dosing furnaces are fully enclosed with no gas exchange. Consequently, thermal efficiency is very high, which results in very low oxide formation.
Benefits of the Støtek dosing system:
- Accurate dosing of ±1 by weightDosing range from 0.5kg- 90kg*
- Size range 650kg-2200kg of alumi-num
- Melting up to 450kg/hr
- 40% CO2 reduction compared to in-dustry average
- Minimal energy consumption
- Dosing under protective atmosphere**
- Optional filter under dosing pump
- Melting/holding while dosing
- Both electrical and gas fired models
- Standard crucible
- Baffle separates charging charging area from dosing pump
- STØTEK standard spare parts
- Optional Load cell frame
- *Dosing range varies from model
- **Nitrogen or argon supply