STØTEK Støtherm is the great result of a close co-operation between foundry men, electronic experts, and the innovative developers from STØTEK.
A lot of consideration has been put into designing the two-chamber, crucible, free holding furnace as functional and energy-efficient as possible and ensuring the lowest possible oxidation of the aluminum.
Støtherm is normally a static furnace, but can also be made as a tilting furnace.
Støtherm comes in all sizes from a capacity of 800 to 20,000 kg/1,763 to 44,092 lb:
- Støtherm 800 kg/1,763 lb 19,5 kW 800 kg/1,763 lb Al
- Støtherm 1,200 kg/2,645 lb 19,5 kW 1,200 kg/2,645 lb Al
- Støtherm 2,000 kg/4,409 lb 39 kW 2,000 kg/4,409 lb Al
- Støtherm 3,000 kg/6,614 lb 52 kW 3,000 kg/6,614 lb Al
- Støtherm 20.000 kg/44,092 lb 150 kW 20.000 kg/44,092 lb Al
Støtherm is extremely energy efficient. It only uses approximately 45 kW/h to hold 20,000 kg/44.092 lb of aluminum. This is possible due to the construction, the first-class insulation, and the wear lining inside the furnace.
Other features and benefits
- The control cabinet with thyristor (SCR) and PID digital regulator ensures precise metal temperature.
- An alarm indicates an open circuit or incorrectly connected thermocouple.
- High quality of lining and insulation will result in long lifetime.